Monday, November 12, 2012

Riding Mountain National Park


It was quite cold and snowing but that didn't stop us from hiking on Saturday and again on Sunday. We wanted to do the Grey Owl  trail but there was too much snow to drive to the trail head.

Snow on pine trees is a beautiful sight.  We got about 30cm or a foot over the  weekend.


This is a stairway leading down to the beach.



It was quite slippery. I was glad to have my trusty hiking poles.


The water was calm but looked very very cold.




This is the stairs we had just climbed down.


There was ice forming on the rocks.


We had a group of Magpies dining on bread crumbs on our deck.


This was taken on Sunday. There was quite a wind so there were waves crashing on the beach and the water had ice floating in it. Freeze up is near.


Sandy and I were trying to figure out the shortest way back to Elkhorn Resort where we were staying.


This is the tail end of  a deer.
We left on Monday morning and made it to Miami without mishap.  However, on my way from Morden to home I skidded on the glare ice and landed up in the ditch. I was pulled out by a kind school bus driver. I am very glad to  be home safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment